Setting up an email account in iPhone (5, 4, 3G etc.) is pretty easy and takes only a few taps to have an email account synced with your phone in no time.
Things you need to know
Here are a few things you need to know before you begin to setup your email account
- What email service would you like to sync with your phone.
- Your email user-name and password.
- If your email account isn't through MobileMe, Gmail, Yahoo, or AOL, you'll also need to know your incoming mail server (IMAP or POP) and outgoing mail server (SMTP).
- iPhone will verify the information you entered. This might take a few minutes.
- Congratulations! Your email account has been setup successfully.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and fill in the required information for your account and tap on “Next”
- Now you need to configure your incoming email server (POP or IMAP) and outing mail server (SMTP).
- Choose either IMAP or POP server and Fill in incoming and outgoing server settings, and Tap on “Next”